Monday, December 24, 2012

I Can...I Will...¡DO!


Have you ever had good intentions to make a positive change in your life, but you just never get around to actually doing it.  Rarely is it because of lack of inspiration or will.  It has to do with fulfillment and sustainability. Every goal has a reason and motivation behind it, but we sometimes have trouble applying the actions to achieve it. Instead of looking at the huge goal or mission as a whole, we must break down the journey into several smaller goals that are achievable on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.  You just have to go from "I Can," and "I Will" to "I Do!"

The phrase "i Do!" was first used after the founder of Shawn's Anomaly, Matthew Murphy, completed his first Ironman triathlon in honor of his son's recovery from three surgeries to repair several congenital anomalies in a statement posted on his blog: 

"I DO" is such a simple phrase but it is so powerful in so many ways. It is powerful enough to confirm the commitment to marriage and powerful enough confirm truth in a court of law. We live in a world of I Can't and I Don't. Some of us get inspired enough to go from the "I Can't" to "I Can", but never get around to doing anything to make that phrase "I DO!" The 1% of the world that has finished an Ironman triathlon, understands the phrase better than most. They don't just not say there were going to do something, they do it. You don't have to finish an Ironman to use this phrase.  You can use it to follow through with any commitment whether to be to finish a race, lose a few pounds, volunteer to help the less fortunate, or just be a better person. I challenge you to change your life mantra to "I DO!  Take the pledge with me:


iDO better myself
iDO better those around me
iDO encourage others that say iDO
iDO help those that are less fortunate
iDO test my boundaries


Shawn's Anomaly's goals are a huge undertaking, but it can be accomplished if we apply this strategy to the ultimate mission: Education, Hope, & Help!

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "We must be the change we want to see in the world," but we can't do it alone.  It takes a collected effort from everyone focused on the same goal. Starting in 2013, we are asking all supporters of Shawn's Anomaly to take a pledge of "iDo!" The pledge is to give $5 to Shawn's Anomaly and share our mission with 5 people asking them to do the same on the 5th of every month for one year.  It is not a large individual commitment, but if we combine all the efforts together the change is HUGE!  At the end of the year you would have given $60 and 60 new people became aware of the mission just because of your commitment. Can you sacrifice $5 and 5 minutes a month to help us achieve the Shawn's Anomaly mission?


Take the one year pledge today by filling out the information below and hitting the "Subscribe!" button.  Don't do it just to help other's, but do it for yourself.  There is nothing to lose, but everything to gain. As appreciation to your commitment, Shawn's Anomaly will send you a reminder email every month and a commitment bracelet to wear proudly as a daily reminder and that shows your commitment to others. Can you take the pledge with us?

 * indicates required

Email Format 

No comments:

Post a Comment